The Log Cabin Tavern

The

Log Cabin Tavern


Story begins in 1938

Our Story

It all started in 1938 when a local farmer by the name of Phillip Faeth purchased the property and built the first cabin. It was like many other country taverns of its time, selling beer and soft drinks along with sandwiches and snacks. Phillip also operated one glass gas pump for the Sinclair chain of gas stations and was thought to be the oldest gas station operator in the U.S. at that time. He had a large family and many of their descendants come in today and talk about what it was like to visit the cabin when they were small children. He operated it until retiring in 1966.

Food Photo
Food Photo

Menu